OFFICE OF THE SANGGUNIANG BAYAN
- Approve ordinances and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective municipal government.
- Generate and maximize the use of resources and revenues for the developmental plans, program objectives and priorities of the municipality with particular attention to agro-industrial development and countryside growth and progress.
- Subject to the provisions of Book II of the code, grant franchise of enact ordinances levying taxes and charges or enact ordinances authorizing the issuance of permits and licenses upon conditions and for such purposes intended to promote the general welfare of the inhabitants of the municipality.
- Regulate activities relative to the use of land, buildings and structures with the municipality in order to promote the general welfare.
- Exercise such powers and performs such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinances.
- To enact ordinances, approve resolutions and appropriate funds for the welfare and its inhabitants.
- To exercise the power vested in the municipal council as a body and shall therein serve as the legislative for the interest of the people of the municipality.
- Conduct of regular session once a week and special session whenever necessary.
- Enactment of ordinances and resolutions.
- Conduct of committee hearings/meetings.
- Conduct of public hearings outside the session hall.
- Conduct of legislative research within and outside the municipality.
- Assistance to barangay legislative bodies and other service units either by legislative work or materials.
- Conduct of administrative investigations on complaints against erring elective barangay officials.