MUNICIPAL PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
I. FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT
The Municipal Planning and Development Office formulates and monitors implementation of integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies of the Local Government Unit.
The Municipal Planning and Development Office shall be the repository of updated, reliable and accessible data/information and promote its utilization in the formulation of an integrated and comprehensive development plans and policies for consideration of Municipal Development Council thru judicious prioritization, peoples participation, fiscal analysis, continuing studies, research, training and effective monitoring and evaluation system.
- Support administrative staff functions for implementation of various PPA’s.
- Implement the Community Based Monitoring System in the municipality.
- Provide technical assistance and implement developmental projects of the KGU and National Government Agencies.
- Provide the public with statistical data on the Socio-Economic profile of the municipality.
- Prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning/documents for consideration of the Local Development Council.
- Promote peoples participation in the development planning within the local government unit.
- Act as a secretariat for the Local Development Council and other bodies as required.
- Conduct continuing studies, researches and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation.
- Public consultation/drafting and implementation of Solid Waste management Plan.
- Attend necessary seminars, training, meetings and conferences.
- Prepare and submit reports required by the LCE and other agencies.
- Maintain files and records.
- Preparation of project proposals.
- Preparation and processing of Zoning Clearances.
- Preparation of proposed projects under the Grassroots Participatory Budgeting Process.
- Assistance to Business Process Licensing Unit.
- Preparation of Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) and Zoning Ordinance.