The 1st ABC San Jose Tourism Groupie Photo Contest was formally opened for submission of entries with the theme: “All Ways Hapi, Best mag-groupie, Come na to San Jose!” from April 1 to May 10, 2015. This was announced by Diosdado V. Valencia, San Jose Tourism Officer-designate.
The Rules and Mechanics are as follows:
1. There shall be (2) two categories of this contest, namely:
a) Conventional – photos taken through traditional or conventional cameras, like SLR, Digicam, and compact cameras; b) Mobile – photos taken by mobile devices like cellphones and tablets.
2. The contest is open to all amateur and aficionados who are residents, guests, visitors and tourists of San Jose provided their photo entry in selfie/groupie mode shall contain a group of not less than (5) five members, and taken within the municipality using tourism potentials, beauty spots, nature, landscape, events, heritage structures, people and cultural activities of the municipality as major background of the photo.
3. Any entry may be submitted to the Municipal Tourism Office, LGU San Jose, c/o Dodong or Michelle on or before May 10, 2015 with the printed or hard copy of the photo in 8R print size and using any photo paper with an attachment containing a short description and location, the date that the photo was taken, name of group and name, contact number and address of the photographer.
Online entry can also be submitted through LGU E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Gil.
Watermark/s or any identifying marks on the photos is strictly prohibited and photographs manipulated and applied with special effects except for some minor adjustments such as the color, sharpness, and contrast, will be disqualified.
4.Ten finalists from each category will be chosen and each photographer will be contacted to provide the management with the soft copy/high resolution file of the photo for final reproduction or printing which will be the basis for exhibition and final judgment. Finalists will be assured of a bonus cash prize of Five Hundred pesos (P500.00) each.
5. Criteria for judging will be as follows:
a. Relevance – 25%;
b. Creativity – 25%;
c. Photographic Quality – 25%;
d. Visual Impact – 25%;
a. Conventional: 1st Prize – P7,000.00;
2nd Prize – P5,000.00;
3rd Prize – P3,000.00;
Consolation prize each – P1,000.00;
b. Mobile: 1st Prize – P5,000.00
2nd Prize – P3,000.00
3rd Prize – P2,000.00
Consolation prize each – P700.00
7. Announcement of winners will be on May 14, 2015. Decision of judges is final and irrevocable. All photo-finalists will be exhibited on the hallway of the Municipal Hall during the whole duration of the Town Fiesta 2015.